There are obviously many good results of juice fasting. Why else would we do it? These are discussed under Give your Body a Break and Detox the Easy Way.
The main benefits of juice fasting are as a result of the removal of cellular waste from your body. Your concentration levels are likely to improve along with a clarity of mind and a general improvement to your health.
You may have an increase in energy, but don't attempt to do strenuous exercise during this time. Allow your body to use this surplus energy to repair and regenerate itself.
Other temporary side effects you should be aware of are:
- Headaches (Cutting down on caffeine-rich drinks and smoking, before your fast, will decrease this likelihood.)
- Fatigue (Fast on an "easy day" when you can take a rest or work at a slower pace.)
- Hypoglycemia (Diabetics should not fast except under medical supervision.)
- Constipation, especially if you do not drink enough clear (filtered) water in between.
- Diarrhoea, if you take too many high fibre fruits and vegetables.
- Faintness or feelings of being light-headed.
- Heart arrhythmias; if you are prone to this, seek medical advice before starting.
- Bad breath or body odour.
Some or all of these are normal side effects, and an indication that your body is getting rid of toxic waste. None of them should be severe in a 24 hour juice fast. Again, please do not fast for longer without medical supervision.
Other tips to consider:
- Rather fast during the warmer months of the year.
- Use a variety of fruits and vegetables, including celery, beetroot, carrot, pineapple and greens.
- Select organic fruits and vegetables where available.
- If organic is not available, peel the skin or wash the vegetables with a non-toxic cleaner.
Avoid the following:
- Citrus fruit or peels
- Pits of fruit such as apricots or cherries
- Apple seeds
- Tops of carrots or rhubarb
- Tough skins, such as mangoes, avocados or pineapples.
Go here for more ideas about juicing or fasting.